At the end of any event – whether it be online or in-person – clients want to know what their return on investment is. Data gathering tools are often associated with digital events, but can be used to measure ROI for physical events as well.
Keep reading to find out how!
Tools to measure ROI
Many organisers use social media as a tool to drive engagement before the event, but seem to ignore their socials afterwards. Using a listening tool to find out what audiences are saying during and after the event is a great way to measure brand sentiment. Are guests reposting quotes from their favourite speaker because they feel inspired, or are they complaining about a speaker who talked for far too long? This insight can really help you improve your events for the future.
Using that social data can help you discover engaged audiences, generate free content, and measure brand awareness – which ultimately improves your ROI. Here are some of our favourite social listening tools:
- Hootsuite: here you can set up alerts for your event’s unique hashtag and collect all social mentions.
- Meltwater: this social listening feature gathers brand mentions from blogs, podcasts, and online news as well as social media.
- Google Alerts: old but gold, Google Alerts will send you an email with all mentions of your event’s conference name or hashtag.
Find out exactly what guests think of your event while it’s fresh in their minds by sending out a survey during or just after the event. This is a great way to garner additional data to help you plan for the next event and increase your ROI. Tools you can use to do this include:
- Your mobile app: if your conference has a dedicated mobile app, you can use it to create surveys for the attendees.
- Email: any good event planner knows to collect the email addresses of their guests – use these to directly contact them and ask for their feedback.
- SurveyMonkey: this is an effective (and free!) tool to build, customise, and send surveys.
Having a dedicated, customised mobile app for your in-person event not only makes management easier, but it’s also a great way to improve your return on investment.
With the app, guests can access important information, provide feedback, and engage with the organisers. Flock’s fully customisable mobile app also tracks downloads, exhibitor ratings, media downloads, and most accessed sessions. The analytics feature also collates all data produced throughout the event to be sent in monthly reports to the business or event organiser. Easy peasy!
Utilising digital tools to measure the ROI of your in-person event is made easier when those tools can be found on one platform. Book a demo today and we’ll show you exactly how helpful our tools can be.